I have just done a minimal install on my laptop from the Fedora8 dvd. Really easy, uncheck everything, and I mean everything, even base in the graphical installer. If you then install you will get a working system (with about 135 packages installed) but it will not install yum.
If you install, uncheck everything but then go into the base section and check yum (so yum is the only package selected) you get a working system with yum in 150 packages.
One thing to bare in mind with this is that the network will not be properly configured and dhcp will not work (there are really very few packages to be install). If you need it you can mount the cdrom go to Packages and rpm install dhclient, then "dhclient eth0" "yum update" etc.
mkdir /mnt/cdrom
mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
rpm -ivh dhclient-3.0.6-10.fc8.i386.rpm
dhclient eth0
yum -y update
Forgot to mention, even though I passed noselinux etc the install ignored me and installed and enabled selinux anyway however the system runs in init 3 straight after the install like this. I do not like selinux so I disabled it by modifying /etc/selinux/config
No comments:
Post a Comment